Sonia Murdock, Executive Director of the Postpartum
Resource Center of New York, Inc. and PRC of NY Volunteers appeared
on Something of Substance, the video magazine produced by Suffolk
County Department of Health's Community Mental Hygiene Services. Also
included are Sandy Wolkoff, Executive Director and Eva Gerber,
CSW from the Mark's Family Right from the Start 0-3+ Center. If
you missed the cable television broadcast, you can see a web-based
version here. For more information about Something of Substance,
please visit Suffolk
County's Community Mental Hygiene Services website.
For more information about the community partnership of the Family
Success Collaborative and the Maternal Depression Outreach Project,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (631) 422-2255. (Collaborative
partners include: United Way of Long Island's Success by
Six Campaign, Mark's Family Right from the Start 0-3+ Center, National
Association of Mothers' Centers, Parent-Child Home Program and
the Postpartum Resource Center of New York)
For more information about the Suffolk Perinatal Coalition please visit www.scpc.net or call (631) 422-2255.
Thank you to the Suffolk Perinatal Coalition and their Perinatal Mood Disorders Task Force for presenting Perinatal Mood Disorders: Steps to Wellness as their 17 th Annual Conference at the Stonebridge Country Club in Smithtown.
With May being Perinatal Mood Disorders Awareness Month in Suffolk County , the Postpartum Resource Center of New York, Suffolk County Department of Health Services and the Suffolk County Office of Women's Services were pleased to have been conference collaborators.
Remarks were made by:
- Mary Lou Boyle, Board President, Suffolk Perinatal Coalition
- Gail Burrus, Executive Director, Suffolk Perinatal Coalition
- Humayun J. Chaudhry, DO, MS, Suffolk County Commissioner of Health Services
- Deanna Marshall, Director of Suffolk County Women's Services
Presenters included the following:
- Special Guest Speaker, Mary Jo Codey, Former First Lady of New Jersey
- Dr. Margaret Howard, Women and Infant's Day Hospital for Postpartum Depression in Providence , Rhode Island
- Mary Sidoti, Director, Children and Parents Together Program of the Family Service League
- Sonia Murdock , Co-founder & Executive Director of the Postpartum Resource Center of New York
- Ginny Fields, New York State Assemblywoman